20 Random Facts about Myself
© K.L. Hall and www.authorklhall.com, 2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to K.L. Hall and www.authorklhall.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
If you’ve been keeping up with my blog posts, then you already know that I’ve learned a lot about myself while being quarantined in the house due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Therefore, I figured why not create a fun blog post and give you 20 random facts about myself.
NOTE: Before reading any further, you need to virtually pinky promise me that you will not judge me after you read these. Deal? Alright! We’re bonded for life now, remember that!
1. I DON’T like fruit, except for like….five or six of them. I can think of more fruits I don’t like than ones that I do (i.e. NO MELONS OR GRAPES OVER HERE). The ones that make the cut are: strawberries, blueberries, green apples, peaches, pineapples and my newfound “like” not “love” for b-a-n-a-n-a-s.
2. I NEVER cared to travel before turning 25. I had always been a “if I go, I go. If I don’t, I don’t” type of person. Now, I’m ready to hop on a plane and fly to the next continent in a second!
3. Believe it or not, I cuss….a lot. (fuxkn sue me)
4. I cannot double dutch, cornrow, swim, cartwheel, hula hoop (very well) or effectively use a video game controller without staring at the buttons.
5. I have a very good sense of direction. Typically after going somewhere once (if it doesn’t have too many ins and outs), I won’t need a GPS to get me back the next time.
6. I am THE nap queen, yet I’m not one of those people who can get in the bed and immediately fall asleep at night. I have to let my brain wind down by listening to the TV on low or turning on my rain sounds.
7. When I was younger I wanted to be a cheerleader REALLY bad, but my mom told me it was too expensive. Therefore, I became a girl scout.
8. I ABSOLUTELY hate driving in Washington D.C. and New York City. Both places give me extreme anxiety. Yet, I can drive in any other big city with ease.
9. I’m a clean freak. I don’t think I’ve always been that way, probably within the last 5-8 years or so is when it really started to become a “thing” for me. I’ve never been a messy person, but I truly feel like seeing too much clutter makes me ill.
10. I took three years of Spanish because I thought (and still think) it’s a sexy language. Yet, I can’t retain anything, especially when it matters. I was in Mexico and couldn’t remember for the life of me how to say “French fries” in Spanish. (In case you were wondering, it’s papas fritas.)
11. I traveled to four different countries in a two-year timespan, but I’ve only been to about 22 out of the 50 states in my life. A lifetime goal of mine is to travel to all of the 50 states.
12. I collect shot glasses and magnets to wherever I travel to as mementos without fail.
13. One of my most played songs ever on my iTunes is, “What You Won’t Do for Love,” by Bobby Caldwell (Also, I definitely was shocked when I found out he wasn’t black.)
14. You ever heard the saying, “If my mouth doesn’t say it, my face will,”? They were talking about me. I legit have a facial expression for everything.
15. I’m HIGH KEY addicted to shopping on Amazon. I feel like I should be in the Amazon Prime Hall of Fame.
16. I can’t see without my glasses. Like, if it’s further than a foot away, I can’t see it without my peepers.
17. I’m a true Gemini. Meaning, I can go from being a very affectionate person to being super distant and nonchalant within seconds.
18. My brain is very busy. I start multiple tasks at once and hardly ever finish them in order.
19. I have self-diagnosed OCD. My things have to be in the order I leave them in and if they’re not, I won’t stop until things are back to “normal.”
20. I could watch cartoons all day over any other show ever on TV. They never get old to me.
Can you relate to any of these? Comment below!